Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Day 5: Art Every Day





Several things happening today. I must remind myself that not every day will be a great day. Or maybe, there is greatness in every day but I will just have to look for it. Today's block is done and that's about all that I can say about it. My routine did not happen today. I didn't pop-up-like-toast and stitch. Today I'm not sure if I'm making excuses or if it's just general negativity. I am also wondering about process. I tried stitching directly, with no pencil warm-up and with no prior sketches to work off, except a notion that I wanted to "fix" yesterday's work. Right now, I can see no value in what I did: no freshness. This might be something to explore over the next 360 days.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

I hope today will get better for you. I'm struggling with making progress this year and this morning I was reminding myself that just because the calendar (and the world) says it's a new year, that doesn't mean that's necessarily the start date for everyone. Maybe your work will look better to you later.

Unknown said...

oooh! I love this photograph of all the leaves. What texture! What great colors even though they are limited. Great eye!