Monday, July 21, 2008

Laguna 2

We stayed in Dana Point but my BIL and SIL and their two kids stayed at the Laguna Beach Motor Inn in north Laguna. They had an ocean view and a walk to a beach (Shaw’s Cove at Fairview St. and Cliff Drive and a little longer walk to Crescent Bay Beach, my fav). Did I mention that there’s a latte source across Pacific Coast Highway and a short walk to a pasta/pizza place and a grocery store? The LBMI has a lovely terraced garden and a sparkling pool. The room was very cramped but in addition to the view, provided a small microwave and refrig. I would have been quite happy there – lodgings are for showering and sleeping. Proximity to the beach was key for me – no driving nor parking-spot hunting. There was ample room for a preprandial glass of wine in the garden or poolside. I need to check out Laguna Riviera Beach Resort, Shanny’s pick.

No comments: